Inner Equine Concepts has developed a new and innovative way to achieve personal development.
Based on Chris Irwin's EAPD method, learning to connect with an equine partner can translate directly
to being a better student, friend, manager, team mate, parent and/or teacher.
You may be wondering, are horses magic? No, they just don't have the ability to lie. What you see
is what you get. By learning to be as authentic as horses, we see the truths in ourselves. We become
happier, healthier human beings.
How this sort of work can benefit you:
- Horses immediately bring to the surface what is going on. For instance, someone who really has a hard time
connecting to others in the world may go around feeling very lonely and isolated. Horses can facilitate the process
of taking risks to get closer in relationships with humans and through practicing new behaviors with the horse the
fears one has about doing this can be worked on immediately in the moment. Through the necessity of being in the moment
with your horse, feelings of sadness or depression evaporate.
- You may have heard that horses pick up on a person's fear. This is true, whether the source of the fear is
being in close proximity to this large and graceful animal or a generalized anxiety that permeates a person's life.
Overcoming obstacles of anxiety and fear in the moment with a horse translates to being less fearful in the world.
- Working with horses creates a sense of empowerment and self esteem that is evident from the first session. Low self
esteem can be crippling to a person's life. It prevents one from reaching for longed for goals, it thwarts dreams of love
and connection and leaves a person alone and isolated, feeling unsatisfied with life.
- People recovering from alcohol and/or other substance abuse issues learn how to be more aware of their behavior that
leads then to extremes. Horses can help them achieve the balance needed to be successful in their recovery.
- Adolescents and adults with ADHD/ADD can greatly benefit from working with an equine partner. Focus, sustained attention
and concentration are increased as well as self esteem that is often compromised as a result of the low achievement that accompanies
these issues. Creating a sense of accomplishment while improving attention skills is invaluable. We work with all ages.
- Early adolescents is a time of social trial and error. Why not practice these skills with a creature that is forgiving,
non judgmental and won't make fun of you at school.